Stage 1: Pre-Construction and Permit Application
You’ve made the big decision.
- Building Agreement is signed, and now just a few more choices will start you on the path to owning your new custom home.
- You will be guided through all exterior and interior color and material selections.
- Our construction team will request all required building permits.
- The lot is cleared of grass, debris, and any trees.
Stage 2: Foundation
Plotting, plumbing and pouring.
- Foundation footings are laid out per plot map and construction plans.
- Footings are dug and steel rebar is installed.
- Foundation will be inspected by city inspectors and our team to confirm measurements, placement, and installation of steel.
- Foundation footings are poured, stem walls are laid out and poured per plans.
- Rough plumbing and all the structural components are installed and inspected.
- Foundation, floor, and garages are poured.
Stage 3: Framing
Your house and your dreams begin to take shape.
- Lumber is delivered.
- Framers will frame all walls, ceiling joists, and rafters and build all window and door openings.
- Roof decking and shingles are installed.
- Window and exterior doors are installed.
- Exterior trim and siding is installed.
- Fireplace is installed.
Stage 4: Interior and Exterior Rough
The interior starts to take shape.
Many inspections ensure everything is done just right.
- Heating and air conditioning rough-in is completed.
- Plumbing top out is completed.
- Electrical rough-in is completed.
- Cable, phone and alarm wiring are installed.
- Framing, mechanical, plumbing and electrical is inspected by the city inspectors and by our quality control team.
Stage 5: Interior and Exterior Finish, Part 1
Finishing from top to bottom.
- Insulation is installed and weather sealing of all air penetrations is completed.
- Drywall is installed and inspected by our quality control team.
- The walls and ceiling are taped, coated, and textured after the drywall is hung.
- Tile flooring, wood flooring, and shower tile is installed.
- Cabinets, interior doors, crown molding, baseboards and closet shelving are installed.
Stage 6: Interior and Exterior Finish, Part 2
Finally, we see colors!
- The exterior brick, stone, and/or stucco work is finished.
- Painters paint the exterior wood work and trim.
- Pour driveway, walkways, sidewalks and patio.
- Exterior grading is finished, irrigation is installed, and sod is laid.
- Painters paint the interior.
- Kitchen counter tops and backsplash is installed and polished.
- Bath counters are installed and prepared for plumbing fixtures.
Stage 7: Interior and Exterior Finish, Part 3
Send the fixtures!
- Plumbing, light fixtures and appliances are installed.
- Install A/C, supply fixtures and thermostat. Install condenser unit(s).
- Carpet is installed, and all door, bath and cabinet hardware is now completed.
- Final inspection is performed by the city inspectors and by our quality control team.
Stage 8: Detail Finish
Let’s turn on the lights!
- The interior of your home is cleaned.
- Power, gas and water are turned on, and all systems are checked by our quality control team and subcontractors.
- You attend a homeowner orientation and walk-thru with our quality control team.
- Punch list items are addressed by our team.
- Go to closing, receive the keys and openers to your new custom home.